Thursday, June 14, 2012

Quark Pancakes


I wanted to try making pancakes using Quark, the fresh, soft German cheese, because I thought the texture would be good and similar to using Ricotta cheese in pancakes.  Plus, I'm sure the pancakes using quark are full of protein and calcium!

I found a recipe on a blog on this blog so I just went with that.  The recipe contained a lot of eggs, but no oil or butter, so I added about a tablespoon of canola oil.  We had these with lemon curd, and/or my parent's neighbor's sour cherry preserves!  I thought some German-made jam deserved to go on top of these pancakes.  :)  You'll need your kitchen scale for this one.

Quark Pancakes
adapted from The Sweetest Brunch

200g flour
2 tsp baking powder
150g quark (if this is not easy to get hold of you could substitue with ricotta)
150ml milk
4 eggs
1 tbsp sugar
pinch of salt

1.  Mix the flour and baking powder together. In another, slightly bigger bowl, whisk the eggs, quark, milk & sugar and then whisk the flour-baking powder mix in.

2.  To cook, heat a little oil in a frying pan or griddle and use about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake.  Cook for 3-4 minutes and then flip.  Cook until cooked through and nicely browned.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

3 comments:

tasteofbeirut said...

The few times I have had quark I have loved it! What a great idea to use the cheese for pancakes, they look luscious, just the perfect food for a treat on Sunday!

littlesidedish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Glad they worked for you!
Will have to try something from one of your posts too...
Happy Blogging!
www.thesweetestbrunch.com